Libra’s mission is to enable a simple global currency and financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people.
As we embark on this journey together, we think it is important to share our beliefs to align the community and ecosystem we intend to spark around this initiative:
- We believe that many more people should have access to financial services and to cheap capital.
- We believe that people have an inherent right to control the fruit of their legal labor.
- We believe that global, open, instant, and low-cost movement of money will create immense economic opportunity and more commerce across the world.
- We believe that people will increasingly trust decentralized forms of governance.
- We believe that a global currency and financial infrastructure should be designed and governed as a public good.
- We believe that we all have a responsibility to help advance financial inclusion, support ethical actors, and continuously uphold the integrity of the ecosystem.
The world truly needs a reliable digital currency and infrastructure that together can deliver on the promise of “the internet of money.”
Securing your financial assets on your mobile device should be simple and intuitive. Moving money around globally should be as easy and cost-effective as — and even more safe and secure than — sending a text message or sharing a photo, no matter where you live, what you do, or how much you earn. New product innovation and additional entrants to the ecosystem will enable the lowering of barriers to access and cost of capital for everyone and facilitate frictionless payments for more people.
Now is the time to create a new kind of digital currency built on the foundation of blockchain technology. The mission for Libra is a simple global currency and financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people. Libra is made up of three parts that will work together to create a more inclusive financial system:
|Soft Cap||N/A||Hard Cap||N/A|